Saturday 21 January 2012

L'oréal Studio Secrets Primer Review

Sadly, I suffer from uneven skin and extreme open pores. Having tried endless amounts of scrubs and creams to try and combat this, I am now of the opinion that camouflaging the issue is a much more practical solution than trying to deal with the underlying problems. As such, a good primer is an essential in my morning regime.

Enter L'Oreals 'Studio Secrets Smoothing Resurfacing Primer'. Promising to 'mask uneven textures in the skin' and make the 'complexion feel smooth and soft, with a remarkable velvety touch', I decided it was worth a try. At around £14 for 15ml of product, this is quite an expensive purchase for a high street brand. However, most high end primers are at least double this, so it is one of the cheaper options.


The packaging reflects the price point of the product, keeping it nice and simple in a weighted glass pot, giving it a more expensive feel than a plastic tube. This might cause hygiene issues for those who dislike products in pots, but as long as you apply this with clean hands, I don't see this as an issue.

I apply this product where it is most needed (t-zone and chin) with my hands, and blend outwards using circular motions, as directed. It is a thick, mousse like texture which blends well and does leave skin feeling 'velvety soft' as promised, although it can take quite a while to set on the skin. I found that when worn on its own, this primer does smooth the skin, leaving it 'resurfaced' with almost invisible pores! However, when foundation is applied on top, my pores showed through - a huge disappointment after seeing the effects on bare skin. My pores are less visible with this primer underneath, but definitely still there. I also didn't find it helped to prolong the wear of my foundation, despite the fact the product didn't claim to (logic caused me to believe using a primer would combat the issue of having to reapply foundation). It did keep my skin feeling soft though!

Staying ability: 4
Appearance: 3
Price: 2
Value for Money: 2
Would I recommend this: Yes to those who don't usually wear foundation, no to those looking for something to wear under foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment