Thursday 2 February 2012

Vitamin E Moisturiser Review - The Body Shop


Now as winter has come in the form of harsh winds this year, my skin has taken an absolute beating. Even popping out to the local shop has at times resulted in my face feeling as if it has actually been blown off in the gales. With complaints of chapped skin and just general discomfort, a friend and I set out to find a good mosturiser to combat all the negative effects of winter. The Body Shop has always been a favourite of mine; good value products which promise not to test on animals definitely make me feel better about my growing obsession with purchasing cosmetics. With my skincare regime consisting mainly of their Tea Tree range, I surprised myself in buying their Vitamin E Night Cream, alongside the Vitamin E Day Cream.


The Vitamin E Cream comes in a sizeable container which makes application easy as there is no nightmare product-and-fingers-getting-trapped-in-dispenser problem when being so stingy that every finger-full counts. The Vitamin E Night Cream itself however, is rather thick in consistency - like a paste almost (see above photo). It's definitely easy to assume which is the night cream and which is for the day, if the lids were to be removed. Once applied, the moisturiser works to eliminate any dryness with a completely hydrated face being the conclusion once morning comes round. This stuff is getting stocked up on once I have some spare money.





On the other hand, the day cream offers lighter hydration. As a perfect base for make-up, it rids them damn bits which are just so unable to receive moisture (namely my massive rudolph nose) so foundation is easily applied. As a whole, I don't believe the day cream would be incredibly remarkable, but when used on the morning prior to applying the night cream the evening before, it has completely changed the appearance of my skin.

Does anybody else use either of the products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment