Sunday 15 January 2012

Smith’s Rosebud Salve







As my friend’s just love to jet set, I tend to request an exotic gift upon their return and usually, it’s either cosmetic or food based! As a great friend of mine knew I longed to find a great lip balm, she returned from New York with a tin of Smith’s Rosebud Salve which states has use as an all purpose skin preparation. I’m not usually one for carrying around a tub of Vaseline as I find that it’s generally not moisturising enough for my lips or skin so was a little dubious. However, when using the product for the first time, I was over-enjoyed by its delicious scent and the fact it gave a slight sheen to my lips but did not change the colour of them. I then continued to reapply it every five minutes before telling myself to calm down and savour it as I probably wouldn’t be able to get hold of a tin for a while (I later found out that it is sold in House of Fraser, Anthropologie and some Urban Outfitter and American Apparel stores). In all honesty, this lip balm is probably my secret saviour. As it claims, it is fantastic for moisturising every part of the body, I sometimes find myself using it as a hand protector in the cold months, and boy, does it get rid of dry skin! I recommend it to all of my friends and although it does come at quite a price in England (usually around £8), it is definitely worth investing in. I have also tried it in ‘Mocha Rose’ and it is just as delicious!

Appearance: 5
Fragrance: 5
Price: 2
Value for money: 5
Would I recommend this: Yes







No comments:

Post a Comment