Wednesday 18 January 2012

Clarins Everlasting Foundation Review


Having formed the belief Clarins was for the older generation, I strayed clear from their products before receiving a sample of one of their mascaras last year. With the mascara (I forget it’s name) being incredible, I decided I should trust my faith in French cosmetics and try out a foundation (or two). Whilst testing one on my hand in my local Debenhams, I was asked the age old question of whether I needed any help. Usually, I’d promise that I was “only looking” but the lady on the counter looked too friendly to deny so I asked if she knew which foundation would be suitable for my skin. As I have combination skin, which decides when it does and doesn’t want to co-operate with me, I declared I just wanted something that would cover my acne scars and stay on my face instead of sliding off within a seconds (where it even goes, I’ll never know). The lady produced a tester of Everlasting Foundation and Extra Firming Foundation and told me to let her know how I got on, whilst noting down the colours I would need if I were to purchase the product.







Before I begin reviewing Everlasting Foundation, let it be known that Extra Firming Foundation was a great foundation, but for winter I felt that Everlasting Foundation was more suitable for my face. On first application, I was wary of using this foundation on my nose as I have found it doesn’t take to foundation as well as the rest of my skin does (I tend to use a thicker foundation on this part of my face). However, this foundation was brilliant on said area, and along with covering my acne scars, it gave me a healthy glow (which also gave me several compliments). 15 hours later and the foundation was still fully on my face, as promised on the box. After using the foundation for several weeks, I have come to the decision that the foundation is possibly the best I have used. The only negative point I would have would be the price as it is usually around the £20 mark.

Coverage: 5
Fragrance: 5
Staying ability: 4
Appearance: 5
Price: 2
Value for Money: 4.5
Would I recommend This: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment